1999 bf40 beep-beep-beep-beep

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer
Horn started beeping at initial start-up....did not stop until I pulled a wire on the horn. Boat ran great all day long....New water pump pumped great all day long, did not overheat. Fresh oil change...plenty of oil. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this horn, or where I need to explore?

More after additional research: I am thinking it could be a trim sensor issue. Sure makes sense. I do not have a factory manual for this motor. Can someone help me find where the trim sensor is located on my motor?

Last edited:

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1999 bf40 beep-beep-beep-beep

Taxrig,
I am blown away by your generosity. Thanks so much for helping me out. This manual will certainly come in handy.

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer

I have determined that the trim sensor is indeed the issue. I can actually get the horn to stop by playing with the switch. I disconnected the switch at the connector under the hood, but I am still getting the alarm. What am I missing here?

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer

It is probably reading no switch to mean trimmed up. Replace the switch.

wtrice

Recruit

Please help my 99 bf 50 is doing the same thing. Have replaced water pump & t-stat and still screaming at me .(only in no wake zone) Its fine when running above idle. What do I need to do about tilt/trim alarm if this is the problem. . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer

Please help my 99 bf 50 is doing the same thing. Have replaced water pump & t-stat and still screaming at me .(only in no wake zone) Its fine when running above idle. What do I need to do about tilt/trim alarm if this is the problem. . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You problem sounds different, it sounds like it's cooling system related. Check out your temperature sender, make sure it's working properly. Either the sender is bad and it's registering higher temp than what the motor really is, or your motor really is getting too hot.