1998 Suzuki Dt150 help with temp overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanson

Recruit
Please help 1998 Dt150 efi

My temp alarm buzzing at WOT and shuts down power . I have replaced water pump and found a small piece of impeller blade was missing (size of a pea triangular shaped). found piece in older t-stat retrieved , I also replaced both t-stats and checked and cleaned poppet valve. My water-pressure is reading 10-15 idling and 25-30 psi running WOT with nice tell tell stream.While idling and running about 5mph alarms does not buzz and also on the muffs it will not alarm and psi is 5 . i had a point and shoot thermometer and starboard side head is 125-130 degrees and port is 180 degrees on muffs idling . Im needing guidance on what to check or any imput that may help thanks to all

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1998 Suzuki Dt150 help with temp overheat

One side is usually warmer than the other
I would put it in the water and take temps again.
Maybe the muffs are not giving enough water to cool properly

dhanson

Recruit
Re: 1998 Suzuki Dt150 help with temp overheat

also i ran at lake today ran great at ramp. istarted going down lake on plane ran aprrox 1/4 mile and temp alarms went off and motor went into retard mode i turned switch off and on and i can run 5 mph and does not set alarms off as soon as i pull on plane alarms set off again not sure what else it can be < ran great until last year i had impellar replaced and now running hot also replaced impellar again to see if new impeller was bad still same results im at wits end on this thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.