1998 Mercury 150 2 stroke CDI replacement.

boatdink

Recruit
Have a bad CDI box (already troubleshooted) part #332-7778A13. I can't seem to find any new replacements, only for part# 332-7778A12. Are the A12's and A13's interchangeable?

Thank you.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,...... I'll move this to the Merc outboard forum, 'n see if we can find ya an answer,.....

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Crowleymarine cites the 7778A12 for the '98 Merc 150XL motor. If that is what you have, crowley guarantees fitment. That motor looks to be a generic 150HP motor with carbs.

If you have the EFI or other models avail that year, you should doublecheck fitment.

CDI electronics as well as other web sites will have CDI fitment details for that motor as well.

Dukedog

Captain
Have a bad CDI box (already troubleshooted) part #332-7778A13. I can't seem to find any new replacements, only for part# 332-7778A12. Are the A12's and A13's interchangeable?

Thank you.
yes.... best ta change both at same time.. tha "A #" is mostly jus a superceded number.. all 7778A's are pretty much same and any will work.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
How much is one of those replacements ? Recently inquired a CDI for a 2 stroke Merc 150HP EFI motor and almost fell from my desk's chair when the price appeared. Definitely will need to sell a kidney in order to purchase that costly electronic part or keep a stranded combo at terra firme forever...

Happy Boating

Dukedog

Captain
How much is one of those replacements ? Recently inquired a CDI for a 2 stroke Merc 150HP EFI motor and almost fell from my desk's chair when the price appeared. Definitely will need to sell a kidney in order to purchase that costly electronic part or keep a stranded combo at terra firme forever...

Happy Boating
Capacitor discharge ignition, "CDI" is tha type ign and does not necessarily mean a product of the "CDI" company.. gotta keep that in mind while doin' a search for tha parts...
google (enter 332-7778A12) will turn up tons of switch boxes from 20 bucks a "pair" ta over 400 for single merc racing piece.. but if you do your research you will be able ta find a good product at a fair price (fair as possible anyway).. best i've heard of come from usa, mexico or germany....

332-7778A?? from 1 ta 14 will work..

you can go ta any high performance boat site and ask whats and where they are usin'.. ie: scream and fly, fast bass, high performance boating on facebook.. justa few........... good luck.

Faz should be able ta send ya in tha right direction for quality, price on 'em....

Last edited: