1997 Polaris Watercraft - Removing Canister From Fuel Tank

Barrelmaker

Cadet
To anyone experienced with older jet skis I have a 'Hurricane 700' with a fuel delivery issue. Spark is present and compression good. I also understand the direct injection using air pulses from the crankcase to work the pump diaphragms, but would like to start my troubleshooting at the tank. I removed the screws holding the unit with fuel lines pulling it straight up. The canister (attached underneath) is large, weird looking and about 7" long but would not completely come out as there seems to be a lip on bottom. Don't want to yank risking damage. There must be a procedure that I'm obviously missing. I attached a picture showing it still connected and if someone could direct me on this it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_115735.jpg
    IMG_20220805_115735.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3

Gatellicited8

Recruit
Hello,
Next Employee Portal Login
It sounds like you are having trouble removing the canister from the fuel tank of your Hurricane 700 jet ski. Without seeing the picture you mentioned, it's difficult to provide specific advice, but it's possible that the canister is held in place by a locking mechanism that needs to be disengaged before it can be fully removed. It's also possible that there are additional screws or bolts holding the canister in place that you may have missed. If you're not confident in your ability to remove the canister safely, it may be best to consult a professional mechanic who has experience working on older jet skis.