1997 Maxum Bowrider I/O V8 want to replace carpet with fishing friendly alternative

gica

Petty Officer 1st Class
In a nutshell I want to replace the marine grade blue carpet that I successfully installed 5 years ago, with a salt water fishing friendly easily washable blood stain free after rinse stuff. Whether it's vinyl or other things I am not aware of. Please give me some pointers.

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
In a nutshell I want to replace the marine grade blue carpet that I successfully installed 5 years ago, with a salt water fishing friendly easily washable blood stain free after rinse stuff. Whether it's vinyl or other things I am not aware of. Please give me some pointers.
I was in the same “boat” so to say with my first boat. Don’t know what was worst, the mold, the stains or that piece of squid that somehow managed to get stuck in the bilge for a week

In the end, it turned out to be a good excuse as any....sold the boat and bought one with non-skid and a self bailing cockpit.
Added a wash down pump to have pressurized water on demand.

PC on the Bayou

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm rebuilding my Maxum presently. I am going to gelcoat the entire interior for fishing.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
There is textured marine vinyl flooring available. Even Westmarine sells it. You stick it down with glue. I had a boat with it from the factory. It was very wear-resistant.