1997 Lowe 165 (l165 eu?)

Ki4ux

Recruit
I have just purchased what I call a crappie rig , It shows on the boat as a 165. registration shows L 165 eu. Where is more info available ?
Interested in mainly the electrical and possibly trolling motor upgrades.
Neat little boat for my wife and I . I am looking forward in using but do see making changes in the future, I desire to hear from other owners about ideas and experiences

Ki4ux

Recruit
I have just purchased what I call a crappie rig , It shows on the boat as a 165. registration shows L 165 eu. Where is more info available ?
Interested in mainly the electrical and possibly trolling motor upgrades.
Neat little boat for my wife and I . I am looking forward in using but do see making changes in the future, I desire to hear from other owners about ideas and experiences

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I merged your threads. please do not post multiple threads on the same topic

FunInDuhSun

Chief Petty Officer
welcome Ki4ux, where will you be boating?
I’ve got the little brother to yours- a Lowe 1448.
Over the years I’ve added some things you might want to consider- a small steering console, an electrical junction box, a fishfinder, running lights, horn, a lighter socket, and a bow troller.
Feel free to ask questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpeg
    IMG_0787.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 8

Ki4ux

Recruit
welcome Ki4ux, where will you be boating?
I’ve got the little brother to yours- a Lowe 1448.
Over the years I’ve added some things you might want to consider- a small steering console, an electrical junction box, a fishfinder, running lights, horn, a lighter socket, and a bow troller.
Feel free to ask questions.
Thank you, the 165 I purchased has all those items except for Junction box I am currently adding Fishfinder # 2. I desire to know more about updating my trolling motor in the future. I fish in NW Alabama in TN River.
Chief Petty officer ? Navy or USCG ? I am a flotilla commander with the USCGAUX. Enjoying the 16.5 ft with 50 HP Johnson.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Chief Petty officer ? Navy or USCG ? I am a flotilla commander with the USCGAUX. Enjoying the 16.5 ft with 50 HP Johnson.
forum titles are given based on number of posts you have...... you will notice you are just a recruit.

Ki4ux

Recruit
Oh , I understand ! I Thought his title was based upon previous Experience ! I acknowledge Recruit ! I do volunteer with USCGAUX . I am anxious to mainly observe post and soak up further Knowledge !

FunInDuhSun

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty officer ? Navy or USCG ?
LOL, as a kid I earned Seaman 1st Class at Admiral Farragut Academy, does that count?
I‘m impressed with your work in the USCGA, nice going!

The trolling motor- in my case I needed more weight in the bow, so I simply added a separate battery up front and connected the clamps, easy!