FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The main problem is the starter engages with the fly wheel but can't rotate the flywheel. The starter shaft just spins inside the gear. The next problem is how is the easiest way to remove the starter?. There is a brace on the bottom of the starter.
I don't have any solution, but I am curious as to how easily a flywheel should turn. I'm having a similar problem with my 89 and the flywheel is very difficult to turn by hand.
[I don't know what HP your engin may be, but the higher the horse power and the higher the compression makes the fly wheel turn harder. That's why you can start a small engin with a pull rope but over 50 HP it's nearly impossible to hand crank.