1997 150 ocean pro cylinder problem

insomniac71

Cadet
motor is making a bit of noise so i started looking into things so i dont blow things up. i have a cylinder that when i remove the plug wire nothing changes......all other 5 noticeable difference when removed. recently did a carb rebuild floats, needle, seats ect. i just read you should not install the plastic washer on the seat on plastic version carbs....is this correct??? anyway i took the plastic carb portion back off to make sure the float was in properly....it was. i switched everything around....plugs, wires, power packs, plastic carb portion from one carb to that one to see if i could get a change in that cylinder but nothing. i think i pretty much ruled out any spark issue as far as no spark...weak spark...if i'm wrong feel free to fill me in. as for fuel i have a fuel water seperator and stock cone shaped screen on the fuel inlet at motor. i'm no carb genius but is there possibly a problem with the metal portion of the carb on that cylinder.....possibly a blockage in the rail at that cylinder?? tomorrow i'm going to shoot some seafoam directly into the throat of that carb to see if i get any change or should i use mixed gas??? thought i might have a dead cylinder but compression seems to be good.....all around 90. any ideas please let me know.

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 1997 150 ocean pro cylinder problem

Its easier to do a spark test than swapping everything around but its done anyway now.

I'd try spraying premixed fuel in the dud throat.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

What's the compression?

Benny1963

Lieutenant

in your post. you said you changed components around and could not get spark to that cyl ,the carbs do not have anything to do with no fire on
one cyl i would be looking at electronics , pull your plugs see if the cyl that is not fireing is gassing that plug if it is it is not lack of fuel .lack of fuel on one cyl will not stop the spark ,possible pack prob or ign component.
had same prob mine was the pack

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

With 6 carburetors, I don't know how you can summarily discount the carburetor, but I will wait for instruction.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

I agree with Ezeke.
If there was a recent 6-carb rebuild, it stands to reason that the first place to revisit would be......