dustyflair
Cadet
Thread starter- Joined
- Mar 29, 2010
- Messages
- 7
The motor seems to be a good one. I bought it used and it is running fine. I wanted to change the lower unit oil and have removed the top and bottom drain screws. My question is this. When I removed those screws they didn't have any of those "paper/cardboard" washers on them. Did the previous owner not put them back on when he changed the lower unit fluid or does Merc not use them. This is the first Merc I have owned. When I use to change it on my Yama they had them. Or should I just filler her back up and replace the screws just like they came out? Also, Isn't it normal to have just a slight bit of a sliver paste on the magnet of the bottom drain screw? No shavings but just a little paste. Thanks for any answers in advance.