1996 Seadoo challenger electrical problem

camalot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guy's

I'm trying to help a buddy out and need some help please.

The problem is with the fuse board/holder infront of the steering wheel, it is fried:mad:. So after finding his problem I thought well that wasn't so bad and went to order a new one.

Well it turns out they are no longer available:eek: and can't find a second hand one (which may be as bad anyway). So I'm going to wire in a new fuse board for him, I've figured out all the wires apart from two. The wire colored BLACK & TAN that goes to the speedo, and BLACK AND GRAY that goes to the tacho.

Are these two wires a + feed:redface: or could they be back lights for the gages. I'm a little stumped to what they do.

Any help is greatly appreciated to keep this old girl going.

Paul

camalot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1996 Seadoo challenger electrical problem

Anyone!!

I've looked at every wiring diagram I can find on the net, but can't find what they do. I'm thinking they are a + feed but it would be nice to know.

Paul

camalot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1996 Seadoo challenger electrical problem

Well that didn't turn out to bad in the end lol.

Cut the plug and group all the blacks together they are your earths, the black and gray and black and tan are also grounds for the tach and speedo.

The two white a brown wires are no longer needed (if you change the bilge pump to a full automatic one) or just wire in a timed relay. The rest is straight forward from a fuse holder.

seadoofuseholder.jpg

As the fuse holder are no longer available this is quite a cheap and quick fix.