1996 75HP force mercury connection?

whofan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1996 75HP force mercury connection?

what parts of this are made by merc?

I`m pretty sure when Brunswick bought out Chrysler Marine They used The same motor as a Force. New hood different paint.
I really don`t know the reason they bought out Chrysler. I couldn`t have been for the motors. Maybe manufacturing capacity?

I don`t think Force/Chryslers were as bad as some say. They were less forgiving if maintence wasn`t kept up.

Mercury and Mariner were Mercurys. Force was the old Chrysler outboard.

I don`t Know of any parts being exchanged or shared with Mercury.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

I`m pretty sure when Brunswick bought out Chrysler Marine They used The same motor as a Force. New hood different paint.
I really don`t know the reason they bought out Chrysler. I couldn`t have been for the motors. Maybe manufacturing capacity?

I don`t think Force/Chryslers were as bad as some say. They were less forgiving if maintence wasn`t kept up.

Mercury and Mariner were Mercurys. Force was the old Chrysler outboard.

I don`t Know of any parts being exchanged or shared with Mercury.

US Marine (Bayliner Boats) bought out Chrysler's outboards division as part of the first government bailout deal with Chrysler. The name was changed to Force.

Then Mercury bought the Force company from USM, and continued to call them Force. But they were not Mercs. Eventually, Mercury dropped the whole line.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Although Merc did buy small engines from Nissan and badged them as Mercury, It is highly likely that ALL Force castings and mechanical parts were made by MERC since they owned the manufacturing equipment. Nothing would have been farmed out other than carbs (Tillotsen, either American or Irish made), and control cables (Teleflex). Lower unit gears were undoubtably made by a major gear manufacturer and could be any nationality.

whofan

Petty Officer 1st Class

US Marine (Bayliner Boats) bought out Chrysler's outboards division as part of the first government bailout deal with Chrysler. The name was changed to Force.

Then Mercury bought the Force company from USM, and continued to call them Force. But they were not Mercs. Eventually, Mercury dropped the whole line.

Thanks for the clarification. Thats why I`ve seen many Bayliners with Forces on them.