1995 four winns fling

Waynowat53

Cadet
This boats runs all day long at 3/4 throttle if I full throttle I only get whatever fuel is left in the carbs and if will cough and I have to shut it down to slow to keep it running. Boat runs perfect other then this issue. Main jet or something else? Please help. Can I run rec fuel in this older boat? Thanks everyone

kenny nunez

Captain
Try running the boat on a 6 gallon outboard tank. If the engine does the same thing then you will know the problem is with either the fuel pump or the carburetor. If it runs better then their may be a restriction in the suction tube in the tank. They have a very fine tubular filter screen in the tube and you have to remove it. Those filters cause more problems then they were to designed to prevent.

Waynowat53

Cadet
Try running the boat on a 6 gallon outboard tank. If the engine does the same thing then you will know the problem is with either the fuel pump or the carburetor. If it runs better then their may be a restriction in the suction tube in the tank. They have a very fine tubular filter screen in the tube and you have to remove it. Those filters cause more problems then they were to designed to prevent.
Thank you I will try it after our rain is over tomorrow..

Waynowat53

Cadet
Thank you I will try it after our rain is over tomorrow..
Do you know if it would be better just to change the fuel tube in it anyways...I removed very old gas that was almost 50% water...I bought the MR funnel and it showed a lot of water...I completely cleaned out the tank..lines and new filter and the bowls twice ...I'm have the service manual but it doesn't give me the size of screw block or fuel suck hose to get one...I'm sure your right...

Waynowat53

Cadet
Owner of the fling..I didn't have anything gas over 3/4 throttle getting to the carbs and you were right the suction tube in the tank was partially plugged..I took a air compressor air and blew air into the gas tank. It must of blown the screen or whatever was plugging the tube up and it runs great. Thanks everyone

Waynowat53

Cadet
Tube was the problem. I blew air back into the tank and it removed or blew out my problem. RUNS GREAT..thank u