1995 Four Winns Fling engine problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tberg765

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
4
I am having some problems with my 95' Fling. I bought the boat not running, and now know that there are 3 bad cylinders, most likely caused by a bad oil pump. Ive been told it would cost about $1500 dollars te rebuild it..This seem about right? Also, does anyone know where i could find a maintenence guide for the engine? OMC turbojet 115. Or, if there is someone in northern Indiana who knows where i could buy a used engine, and or junk boat with a good engine,please let me know. Thanks for the help guys.
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: 1995 Four Winns Fling engine problems.

That motor is a 4 cyl. Johnson Outboard powerhead mounted on a jet pump, inside the boat.
Will move this over to the Johnson Outboard forum for you.
 

tberg765

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
4
Re: 1995 Four Winns Fling engine problems.

Thank you for moving my post to the proper location, and thanks for the link to the diagrams...extremely helpful. The problem I am having is with the compression. I am running about 40 pounds in one cylinder, just under 100 in 2 of them, and the last is at 135. Im sorry, but im not sure which cylinder is at which compression, just relaying the info from the guy I had check it out. The serial number for the motor is 63737906. Thanks again guys.
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: 1995 Four Winns Fling engine problems.

we need model #, with that compression, a donor power head or rebuild is in order. then you have the jet pump to deal with. but it can be done.
 

tberg765

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
4
Re: 1995 Four Winns Fling engine problems.

Model number for the boat? If so the only thing listed under model is simply FLING. The only other number that i can find anywhere on the boat (other than the one i have already listed) Is on a tag, Just to the right of the Jetdrive. When I gave that number to the marina, they told me that it referred to all four winns, and no specific boat. I will try to get it tomorrow none the less. As always, thanks again guys.
 

tberg765

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
4
Re: 1995 Four Winns Fling engine problems.

I was just looking for a new powerhead on ebay, and ran across this rebuild kit, does it look like it might be the right one for my motor to you guys? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0397692078&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem= If that link doest work for you, the item number is 260397692078 so you can just put that in the search bar on ebay. Hope its the right one, $400 cheaper than any marina would sell it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top