1995 Crownline 176 bowrider

Dozerman8165

Cadet
Can anyone tell me what a part is called? On the 176 br there is an upholstered cover that has hinges and covers a hidden compartment that stores the top for your boat. My is severely rotted and falling apart. I need to either buy one for the boat or have one made. Any ideas or can someone tell me where to look. Thanks

jbcurt00

Staff member
Can anyone tell me what a part is called? On the 176 br there is an upholstered cover that has hinges and covers a hidden compartment that stores the top for your boat. My is severely rotted and falling apart. I need to either buy one for the boat or have one made. Any ideas or can someone tell me where to look. Thanks
Your canvas top is rotted?

Or the hinged compartment cover (w a plywood backer?) that stows the canvas top is rotted?

Guessing you mean the canvas top is rotted, try:

Bimini top

Convertible top

As its a 20yr old boat, I'd suggest you have one made to fit the alumimum frame you already have.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Not exactly clear on what you're looking for any chance you can post a pic?

roffey

Commander
I think he means the dog house, not sure what the real word is for it tho.

thumpar

Admiral
Just find an upholstery shop. You will not find a factory replacement. I had the sundeck on my Crown redone a couple winters ago.

Dozerman8165

Cadet
Yes it is actually the hinge top that covers the bimini when it's put up for storage. I'm guessing what I'm hearing is that it has to be made not bought?

Dozerman8165

Cadet
The plywood under the upholstery is rotted. I would just figure someone would build and sell these somewhere.

southkogs

Staff member
I would just figure someone would build and sell these somewhere.
Nope. But if you can save the upholstery, cut yourself some marine plywood and rebuild it. I've done that on older engine covers and seats before.

Last edited:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
If the upholstery is in good shape, replacing the wood base is really not that hard. If you have a good stapler (preferably air-powered or electric) and some stainless steel or monel staples, it's pretty much just a matter of pulling staples, cutting a new piece of wood and painting it, and then stapling the upholstery back in place.

thumpar

Admiral
Get some mechanic gloves. When you are working around the fiberglass there can be some poking out and it hurts.

Dozerman8165

Cadet
Just figured I would throw this out there also but is there anything that looks half way decent to fix a ripped spot in a seat that's fairly easy to do?