1994 tigershark rough starting and rough accelleration

I have 1994 tigershark Monte carlo 640. It was running fine until today, I took it and had a hard time starting it. I would need to hold the throttle to keep it idling until I took off. When I would take off it seemed like it was bogging down and no power but after 15 or 20 seconds it would take off out of the hole it would feel fine. It almost felt like i would open the throttle but nothing would happen then it would go. also once it runs you can bring it back to idle and it is fine it will maintain idle.
My biggest concern could this be an oil problem. The previous owner would run mix even though it is oil injected. Ny help would be appreciated. I have run only straight gas. Used it about five hours.

Thank You for your help

tahoeking

Recruit
Re: 1994 tigershark rough starting and rough accelleration

Could be a number of things. First check the fuel filter and fuel lines. Considering the age of the unit, the filter inside the carb might be clogged as well. Next pull the plugs to look for anything unusual. A compression check will help to see if there's bad cylinder(s). Again, considering the age of the unit, Have you checked the fuel pick-up line in the tank???

Once you isolate resolve the issue, you might want to also consider removing the oil injection pump and covering the hole with a cover kit. Running a pre-mix of about 45:1 is going to be your best bet. I do this on each and every shark I get and have yet to regret it./SIZE]