1994 Tigershark fly wheel removal? (Tight working space)

thsp

Recruit
I have a 94 tigershark. 640cc jetski. I'm trying to replace the starter gear assembly. But the flywheel is in the way to clearly has to be removed. My only prob is there is aprox a 6inch gap between the flywheel and the gas tank so it's a really tight spot to work. I'm new to this so I tried removing the gas tank then found out through research that I would have to remove the engine to get the tank out any way. So does anyone know a way to get the fly wheel off with only 6 inches of room. Can't find a puller to fit! :confused:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1994 Tigershark fly wheel removal? (Tight working space)

I have a 94 tigershark. 640cc jetski. I'm trying to replace the starter gear assembly. But the flywheel is in the way to clearly has to be removed. My only prob is there is aprox a 6inch gap between the flywheel and the gas tank so it's a really tight spot to work. I'm new to this so I tried removing the gas tank then found out through research that I would have to remove the engine to get the tank out any way. So does anyone know a way to get the fly wheel off with only 6 inches of room. Can't find a puller to fit! :confused:

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... My guess is,.... yer gonna be pullin' the motor...

shagy959

Seaman Apprentice

pull the motor faster easy and your back will thank you

Leardriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just did that procedure on a Kawasaki 1100 STX. Very little room. Four bolts and a few plug-ins to lift the motor, put a block of wood under the front, and now the motor is angled up at a 45 degree angle with the flywheel staring at you.

It is probably possible to not pull it. I am not nimble, and I cut easily.