1994 Polaris SL650 - runs great but bogs down when going slow

tomb723

Recruit
I just picked up a 94 sl650 and overall its in decent shape. First time I had it out it died on me and wouldn't start, I ended up having my buddy tow me back. Pulled plugs and put them back in and it was fine. Took it out today for the second time and it ran like a top, at least when going full throttle or at higher speeds. When I come to a stop or slow down to <10mph it will bog down and only have like 5% of throttle. If I ride that out it will wake up a little at a time until it gets going again, this is like a 45 seconds process. Once its going it runs fine. I'm stumped on what it could be. It did sit for a while when I got it so i'm thinking a carb rebuild would fix it but wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks!

Cameron191

Recruit
Hello,

The issue with your 94 SL650 could potentially be resolved by rebuilding the carburetor. It's likely that the carburetor needs cleaning and adjustment after the prolonged period of inactivity.

Best regard,

Cameron191

Recruit
Hello,

The issue with your 94 SL650 could potentially be resolved by rebuilding the carburetor. It's likely that the carburetor needs cleaning and adjustment after the prolonged period of inactivity.
MyCenturaHealth
Best regard,
I hope my suggestion is work if not work please tell me.

Best regard,