1994 Johnson 115hp, V4…Tilt Trim question?

Softball60

Cadet
There's a good chance the lower unit won't come off. (Stuck shaft) pray that's not the case.
I completely removed the thermostat housing…..fair amount of powdered salt water crust. I connected the ear muffs turn the flow on high, fired up the engine and water came only out of the bubble…….AND NOT THE OPENED THERMOSTAT HOUSING OR THE HEADS AS THEY ARE ALSO OPEN VIA THE LARGE HOSE DISCONNECTED.

What does this mean?
Going to look for a flow diagram of how it’s supposed to flow.

I would think it should be

Impeller up the line to the thermostat housing…..when the thermostats open ……the up to Heads…..then to the bubble …..then out through Tell Tale and lower unit?

I could be wrong!!!!!!!!! Wouldn’t be the first time.

Your response is appreciated.

Softball60

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You are wrong.---If cold water from the pump went to the thermostats first they would not respond , would they ??------Water flows to thermostats last !!-----And water from the tell tale does NOT circulate through the block either.

Last edited:

Softball60

Cadet
You are wrong.---If cold water from the pump went to the thermostats first they would not respond , would they ??------Water flows to thermostats last !!-----And water from the tell tale does NOT circulate through the block either.
Thanks for those uplifting remarks………The owner of a boat parts store/mechanic told me that with everything removed out of the thermostat housing, you should see water COMING OUT if the impeller is working.

All you ever do is point out negative stuff………Do you ever help anyone solve their issue!!!!!!!
PLEASE STAY OUT OF MY POSTS. FROM THE BEGINNING YOU WERE NEGATIVE WITH YOUR KNOW EVERYTHING ATTITUDE. I TOLD YOU THAT I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT BOATS/MOTORS AND WAS TRYING TO DO MY BEST.
BY THE WAY COMPRESSION IS NOW UP TO 120-125 after it has been run a couple of times.

Thanks but no thanks for your input

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
BY THE WAY COMPRESSION IS NOW UP TO 120-125 after it has been run a couple of times.
My arms and shoulders are only a couple of years newer than yours, but I have had a Garelick manual tilt assist handle for quite a few years now. Try a google search to locate one before you damage the motor or your back. Good news on the compression. I would keep flushing it at idle while checking head temps. (Too hot to touch is too hot to run.)

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for those uplifting remarks………The owner of a boat parts store/mechanic told me that with everything removed out of the thermostat housing, you should see water COMING OUT if the impeller is working.

All you ever do is point out negative stuff………Do you ever help anyone solve their issue!!!!!!!
PLEASE STAY OUT OF MY POSTS. FROM THE BEGINNING YOU WERE NEGATIVE WITH YOUR KNOW EVERYTHING ATTITUDE. I TOLD YOU THAT I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT BOATS/MOTORS AND WAS TRYING TO DO MY BEST.

Thanks but no thanks for your input
Bad call there bud. Racerone knows more than anyone on this site.