1994 Evinrude prop

PACERll

Seaman
Got a 1994 Evinrude on a 16ft Tidecraft bass boat. Not real familiar with OMC's as this is the first one I have really tried to get the best outta it for the size. Right now according to the faria gauges I am using in the boat 44mph is the best at5300rpm's. Has a dang ole stinray stabilizer on it and want to get rid of it cause I know its only a bandaid for a improperly setup boat. The boat is rated for 120hp. I am getting the necessary components to up the ponies on the motor. will actuall have more closer to 140hp when done. Right now (till I do the mods) its got a 13x21 stock stainless on it with the foil. Holeshot is great with one person and fishing load. Am looking for decent holeshot and better topend. Have a friend that will let me borrow 20p raker. Am I going in the right direction. To me the boat is not getting enough total boat lift to run at its potential. If I drill the prop with vent holes will thhis help like it does on Merc props or am I waisting my time. I feel like I should be running in the low to mid fifties with this setup. Right now I am approx.2 1/2" below pad. Should I just raise the motor and try present prop or go ahead and try a different prop. Like I said this is the first OMC that I have tried to optimize. Oh by the way motor doesnt seem to spool up on holrdhot but does launch pretty hard.

Ron G

Commander
Re: 1994 Evinrude prop

Try raising the motor first before experimenting with props to get the max out of what you have now,pull the hydroil off and see if the numbers improve or not and the affect on the boat.Rpms seem a little low but one of the gurus will a<br />answer that question,what type of motor is it?<br /><br />youll be surprised how much difference raising will have watch your water pressure also.

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: 1994 Evinrude prop

What engine is it?? a looper or a crossflow...<br />Can you give a year or model number?