1994 Evinrude 140 V4- oil leak

DonSSDD

Cadet
I have 2 stroke oil leaking off some small rubber hoses inside the engine cover. The hoses are small and located near the bow side bottom of the motor. How do you get access to check this out and install new hoses and clamps?

I've only owned the motor for a year, I'm mechanically inclined, but no outboard experience.

Thanks,
Don

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I am going to guess you mean the front of the motor if they are under the airbox could be reclaim lines have to take the airbox off.

DonSSDD

Cadet
Well, now that I know how easy it is to remove the airbox, the oil feed line from the remote tank goes into what I assume is the fuel pump? Then that feeds the fuel-oil mixture into the carbs?

The oil was dripping off the small hoses under the carbs, they all seem to be in very solid condition and the clamps holding them on seem fine too. What do those hoses do?

The oil dripping was the greenish blue of 2 stroke oil, where above those hoses could this be coming from, assuming the hoses themselves are not the source?

I had a hard time starting the outboard for the first startup, could excessive cranking have caused some excess 2 stroke oil and this drip is just caused by the cranking, not likely some other issue?

Thanks for the help.

Don