1994 50hp Force not peeing at full throttle?

jadnmd

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
5
My 50hp Force runs great but when I run it past 3/4 throttle, the engine quits peeing water and my heating alarm comes on in less than 5 minutes. I had a new water pump put on last year at the dealer and it did not help this problem at all. Also, the thermostat has been removed. Any advice is appreciated.
 

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
8,200
Re: 1994 50hp Force not peeing at full throttle?

It could be a blockage. Remove the gearcase and backflush thru the thermostat hole. Then put the gearcase back on and the thermostat back in. :) <br /><br />I think it's more likely that exhaust is forcing it's way into the pump. That'll happen if the seal on the pump housing is bad and/or if the housing is badly worn inside.
 
Top