1994 115hp Evinrude Turbojet pumps water into engine compartment

krebs883

Cadet
I have had a Fourwinns Fling that the teenager has taken out for over 3 years. Problem is there is water pumping in the engine compartment a trickle at idle and a lot while under a load or higher RPM. We are in the process of pulling the engine out. It appears the water is coming in from below the engine where the engine sits on the jet drive case. Maybe from the coupler to powerhead drive shaft. I have the repair manual but it does not appear water even gets into this part of the engine? Anyone know if water circulates or could leak from this area?

I have attempted to find someone to work on this boat but noone will touch it. They stopped making them I think in 98 and evinrude/OMC venture went under. Parts are hard to come by. It still runs awesome when we keep the water pumped out of it. I'd feel more comfortable with getting it fixed versus getting a larger automatic bilge and turning the teen loose again as a mechanic who looked at it but wouldn't fix it suggested.

We have checked the hoses and no leaks. Without the motor pulled out we can not see any of the fittings to see if they have came loose.

Anyother ideas on where the water could be coming from?

Thanks!!

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 1994 115hp Evinrude Turbojet pumps water into engine compartment

The one my dau has leaked water where the hull and and top of boat came togeather. Took a while to find it. A handfull of 5200 fixed it. The leak was under the rub rail starboard side rear.