1993 SV-19 F-I/O Top Speed?

basalt51

Seaman
I just purchased a '93 SV-19 F-I/O with the 4.3L Merc Alpha I. I've only taken it out once and I was able to get up to 31mph GPS at WOT. I don't know if thats all this thing can do since its pretty big or if it should be going faster.

Couple reasons I ask. The linkage seems like it needs adjusting. Drive engages fine at ~10 o'clock, but then there is a lot of resistance to increase the throttle and there is little to no fine control. WOT is easy, but its almost impossible to slowdown just a little. I pull back on the lever and the wife and kid crash into the dash since the throttle goes to idle. Also probably just due to having too much resistance.

Other reason is at WOT, the boat surges a little every 10 seconds or so. I wish I could say what the RPMs were, but the tach appears to get stuck a 3400 so its not very useful.

Thanks

EDIT: I'll try to add prop details when I get home.

basalt51

Seaman
Re: 1993 SV-19 F-I/O Top Speed?

Prop says 19p, and the out drive is 1.84 ratio.

basalt51

Seaman

Figure I'ld update this since this post. Turns out most of my issues were due to moisture in the distributor cap causing a bad misfire. A full tuneup and its running great.

WOT I was hitting 36 MPH GPS. Tach is still hit and miss so I don't trust its readings at all. It sounded like it was making much better RPMs this go around though.

basalt51

Seaman

Update after almost 2 years of ownership. I love this boat. 41 mph WOT trimmed. The all Aluminum floor/compartments are fantastic. I highly recommend any Fisher of this era. I think they will last forever.

basalt51

Seaman
3 more years of ownership and I still love this boat. My Dad is trying to talk me into selling it and his Ski boat and go in on one boat together for fishing and skiing. I would want a North River type welded Aluminum for fishing, but the Family loves the open bow on this Fisher (welded aluminum boats seem to have a useless open bow). We had four kids in the bow last week loving the ride.

The only Crestliner type boat that seems to compare is the 2150 Sportfish. I do like that it is rated for 10 people (Fisher only 8) as when my whole family is together we have 9 and would love to be able to all go in one boat some times. I just don't see anything the 2150 or those types of boats bring that is better and worth an additional $60k!! It would surely be a superior ski/tube boat, but I don't think that is worth the $$$. My daughter is getting older, loves tubing, and tried skiing the first time last week. I don't see the SV-19 working very well at all as a ski/tubing boat just do to how the boat handles. We shall see what happens. I can't bear to think about parting with this boat!

Since we got it I have added a minnkota I-pilot system, another downrigger (would like to add 2 more), Marine Radio, 3 bank battery charger, and a bottle opener! Don't really need anything else! I looked into trim tabs as kicker, batteries, and kicker gas can are al on the port side and it lists pretty bad if anyone is on that side but there is no room on the transom due to the unusual shape (no straight edges).

basalt51

Seaman
Well why not update this after almost 13 years with the boat. Its still great. Handling is meh - pretty typical for a deep-v I/O. Replaced belts, hoses, exhaust bellows, impeller, serviced the outdrive. Thats pretty much it. Runs great, flooring, compartments, etc all in good shape. I just grab a screw driver and tighten the screws every outing and its good to go.

Decided she finally deserved some upgrades and installed a Helix 9 SDI+, upgraded the 12 year old minn kota ipilot to the new ipilot link, replaced the stupid heavy lead acid trolling batteries with LiFEPO4, updated the 3 bank onboard charger to a 4 bank Noco GenPro 10X4.

This thing is ready for another 30 years of service. Even the carpet is in such good shape I'm having trouble justifying replacing it with SeaDek.

Attachments

• 20160719_073452.jpg
    20160719_073452.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG