1993(ISH) FORCE 70HP BEEN SITTING

REDROCCO16V

Cadet
Hi, thanks for any advise in advance.
I have recently picked up a 19 ft skiff with a 1991-95 era Force 70hp (I have not ran serial# to confirm exact year) This boat has not been ran/seen water for about 5years/stored in a barn. The previous owner passed away and I don't have any prior info.
My current plan is new water pump, plugs, lower unit service/fluid change and inspection and check compression. Plugs have been pulled and I seafoamed pistons/cyl.
I want to confirm that oil/fuel ratio is 50:1 and is a premix (cannot find any oil injection parts). I plan on seeing if it will run/how well without taking apart the carb at this time (i know not best decision). I am also wanting thoughts on fuel pump, all of my outboards to date are old OMC pressure tank motors. I know engine won't run with out fuel pump but are there any possibilities of hurting engine if old pump fails??
Any other thoughts or suggestions??? I don't want to spend allot on engine till I confirm it is good/stored correctly.
Feels weird to own an outboard newer than 1963.
Thanks Charlie.

Jiggz

Captain
You seem to have the right plan of action even before its first crank in 5 years. Might as well replaced the fuel pump diaphragm which costs very little and really takes less than 30 minutes to do. Additionally, I would at least dismount the carbs' bowl check the floats for integrity and also for movement and then clean spray them with carb cleaner. There is no need to dismount the entire carb to do this but it is a good precautionary prep to ensure the carbs are not gummed up.

Fuel-oil is 50:1 premix. After completing all your preps and compression readings are all good, then it is time to do the first run. Just make sure you have cooling water connection or in a water tank.