1993 force 120 water leak

Maverick49

Cadet
I'm trying to buy a 93 Force 120 hp that hasn't been run for five years, (It is on a 1993 Blue Fin Spectrum 1906) and has low hours on it. It was put away with staybil in the gas tank, I drained the gas from the tank, put in ten gallons of premium primed the bulb, had the rabbit ears attached, it fired right up, I had the cover/hood off and noticed water leaking down the engine block from the lowest cylinder, right where the clyinder head bolt screws into the block, the motor ran for less than a minute at idle, I shut it off and it appears that there's a hairline crack in the casting of the block about a half an inch long just directly on the outside of where the head bolt screws into the block.
Any suggestion's. Do i have a block replacement issue? is there a fix?
The boat is in Eastern Oregon, we do have bad winters with days upon days of freezing weather. The boat was kept inside a shop but it was not heated.
Once again the boat was not run for over five years.
Any suggestion's
upon further inspection the hairline crack is in the block casting where the head bolt screws in, the water comes out of the casting area on the outside of the block, the crack start's where the head meets the block.
could it be just a head gasket?

Last edited: