1992 force 150 issues

Dwamp2006

Cadet
tried finding the swivel I need to reattach and the part is obsolete and no longer available, cant find it anywhere, part number F499026. any ideas on what I can use to reattach the linkage instead?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
A couple of guys on here have made their own from 1/2 inch aluminum stock. Depending upon which end has broken you will need either a 1/4 X 28 regular right hand tap OR a 1/4 x 28 left hand tap. Try Franz at franzmarine@aol.com. He may have a new or used one. They were used on so many engines that there must be tons of them lying around in boat junkyards..

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Definitely! That screw controls timing advance. Without advancing timing in synch with carb opening the engine simply will not make power. There should be two plastic blocks with the screw in between. The screw is reverse threaded on one side so when you screw it in or out the blocks will open or close to advance or retard base timing.

Once you re-connect the timing link, retime the engine to 28 degrees before top dead center at wide open throttle at cranking speed. Remove and ground all 5 plugs so you do not damage the CD boxes. Connect a timing light to the top plug wire. Crank the engine. There are three marks on the flywheel The center mark is 30 degrees and the mark to the left of it is 28.. When the mark lines up to the mark on the block pointer (above the top carb) the timing is correct.

Frank , in your video , you say that the 28 degree mark is the mark to the right of the center of the three marks. Here you say it is the mark to the left of the center .....which is it ?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Chalk it up to old age! I was thinking right but typed left. The flywheel rotates clockwise so anything to the left of TDC advances the timing. 28 degrees is the line to the right of the center mark. Sorry!

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Chalk it up to old age! I was thinking right but typed left. The flywheel rotates clockwise so anything to the left of TDC advances the timing. 28 degrees is the line to the right of the center mark. Sorry!

No worries brother... when you said left ,... it made me question myself....lol... I need your help for my own issue , but I will start a new thread for that.