1992 Chris Craft 18' Bowrider

H2Con

Recruit
I thank you guys for helping decide to pass on my last trade offer for my atv. Here is my new offer now. It's a 1992 Chris Craft 18' bowrider that has had a new interior installed last year. It has the 3.0l with a OMC drive. I have to make a 1.5 hour drive to check it out. The book value on my atv is around $2600. The owner states that he will fire it up with the muffs on when I get there. The boat has no problems other than it needs a good wax and cleaning. All fluids have been changed. I know the OMC drive should make me turn away, but he says it shifts smooth, no issues. He is including a large tube, vests, ropes, bumpers, snap on cover and all the safety equipment. What do you guys think about this one?

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo15.jpg

photo16.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1992 Chris Craft 18' Bowrider

I know the OMC drive should make me turn away, but

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... 'nough said in the quote...

Boat Sellers will tell ya anything you wanta hear, to get yer money into their pocket....

Re: 1992 Chris Craft 18' Bowrider

Running it on muffs is not going to tell you much. If you can live with the OMC issue, and are still tempted, you have to test it out on the water before trade!!
Also, be suspicious re the interior being redone - why was it necessary? Has the boat spent a lot of time uncovered? If so, check floors for soft spots:eek: