1992 50hp Force Carb rebuild

rogerwa

Commander
I recently ordered a rebuild kit for my 92 50hp Force. when I went to replace the float needle seat, they were not the same. I thne noticed that the carb had WE17c 7/88 stamped on it and wondered if the carb had been replaced with an older carb.<br /><br />Does anyone know what the Tillotson WE17c carb was used on? Is it the right one for my 92 50hp? The model that I believe is normal for this model starts with a WD.<br /><br />Any help??

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1992 50hp Force Carb rebuild

The rebuild kit on your carb fits several different Tillotsen carbs. On the 1992 50HP,<br />there is no rubber valve seat. The needle has a rubber tip,so do not soak it in the carb juice.<br /><br />The rubber valve seat is for model equipped with the solid metal needle valve.<br />At least in the kit I got had those, and never used them.<br />Does your carb have a rubber o-ring in it?<br />Hope this helps.<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />the Early bird get's the worm...So, he don't have to stop for bait.

rogerwa

Commander

Where would the O-ring be? The bowl gasket?? The float needle does have a rubber coated tip, so I do not need to replace the seat and needle, right??

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The o-ring (valve needle seat) is in the tube that the needle was removed from.<br />If your needle has a rubber tip,treat it with care, and re-use it. Use spray carb cleaner, and a soft rag to clean it.<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />the Early bird get's the worm...So, he don't have to stop for bait.