1992 25 Hp fuel pump

Taylorsville

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1992 25 Hp fuel pump

proper float installe? i turned it over P1040837.jpgP1040838.jpg

Rudemen: i have good flow in ever small hole down the throught.

Rudemen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

the second picture in is the needle for slow speed i thought.

Yes that is the Slow Speed Needle, looks worn/damaged, hope the seat isn't damaged as well. The spring and O-ring makes it hard to tell when the needle is seated and you need to be real carefull about doing so. I would replace it.

Jasper is right, your float was upside down and that would most certainly give you a low fuel level in the bowl and may very well be the whole problem with the exception of the Slow Speed Needle as far as the Carb goes.

You replaced the High Speed Jet/Orifice? What is the number on that new jet and is it the Same as the old jet? Should have the number 51 not 65 stamped into it.

Taylorsville

Petty Officer 2nd Class

when you say the seat to you mean the peace that the needle screws into? if so should i buy a new one of those as well?

the new high speed is a 51 same as the old one.

Rudemen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No, that is the needle valve adapter, I don't think you can replace the seat, instead you would have to change the whole Carb Body.

The Slow speed needle valve seat may be OK, get a new Slow speed needle and be extra careful when seating the needle for adjustment. I would leave the spring and O-ring off and count the number of turns it takes to lightly seat the needle and then take needle back out, re-install Spring and O-ring making sure you don't go over the counted turns when seating the needle, then if I remember correctly, back out needle counterclockwise 1 to 1 1/4 turns for the initial start-up setting and fine tune it once the motor is running and up to normal running temperature. I would also get another Nozzle gasket part# 332708 number 20 in the carb parts diagram if the one you have isn't new.

Now assuming the carb is clean, Put the carb back together making sure the float is installed the right way like you have it in Post #42, the Little metal Tab in the center of the float hinge should always face up towards the carb body never down towards the bowl. and try running the motor again.

With tank on the ground did the fuel pump work, did it pump fuel?

AlTn

Commander

the little shepard's crook clip that holds the needle valve to the float arm should come in from the side of the arm and not allowed to get under the hinge pin < it may have just slipped in that direction during the pic >

No disrepect meant, but, were it me I'd just follow Rudeman's advice of getting the mixture needle set w/o the spring and oring and set it with finger pressure as it's easier to feel it seat. However, I'd reuse the old needle.

Taylorsville

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Now when I replace the needle and I install it with out spring and o ring does it mean it is seated ones is starts to tighten? because thats what i did ittook 9 turns to go in and that is the same that i counted taking it out each time.

part# 332708 number 20 is new just not in pictuer.

i will be calling around tomorrow to see if a close dealer has a needle.

with tank on ground fuel pump would pump fuel on every pull of the rope.

Last edited:

Rudemen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeap, turn needle in until you just start to feel a little resistance then stop, needle is seated, then back it out 1 to 1 1/4 turns and you're set and ready to go.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Just to mention. Your fuel pump must have a pulse hole in the back of it. If it doesn't you have the wrong fuel pump for this motor.

Taylorsville

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Took the motor out this morning ran great. wouild go WTO no prblems was going about 22MPH with me my son gear and loaded boat. Thank you every one for all you help :)

Now about the fuel pump. the old one did not have the hole and the new one dosnt eather. do any of them?

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Took the motor out this morning ran great. wouild go WTO no prblems was going about 22MPH with me my son gear and loaded boat. Thank you every one for all you help :)

Now about the fuel pump. the old one did not have the hole and the new one dosnt eather. do any of them?

Good to see that you got it going. :) The fuel pump you have must have three lines going to it, one for pulse, one for fuel in, one for fuel out. That is not the stock pump for your motor, but if it works.....hey:)

jasper60103

Commander

Yea, I'm glad to hear you got it going as well. Thanks for letting us know.
Enjoy ! :)

Rudemen

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Congratulations, glad you got her going, was just a matter of time... Make sure your cooling system is up to par!!!

Taylorsville

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I installed new impeller and housing with a new thermostate. Whit everones help this was possibale ( my son reeled both in)today. again THANK YOU very much sometime the manual is not enough.matthew fish.jpg