1991 Crestliner 180 Pro AM

el-cap-pee-ton

Recruit
Hello all,

I decided to rebuild my late father's Crestliner. Over the years it has been store outside with a bad motor and this year, I decided it was time to rebuild and restore this beautiful boat. The floor boards are all rotten out, the carpets are rips, the cluster needs an update and I'm sure more once I tear into it. The two main focal points are the motor and transom. The boat/motor is going to the shop Wednesday to get check out along with the transom. I can fix everything myself beside the motor. Anyway, here are some picture of the transom, My guess is that the wood has rotten to a point where it being crushed. Any input or feedback would be great!

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image (5).jpg
    image (5).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1991 Crestliner 180 Pro AM

The washers may be an indication of rot, once the outboard is off, you should be able to look in the bolt holes and see if it mush, semi mush or wet or nice n dry. That will tell ya how the transom is. And FYI transom on alum boats can be much easier to fix than a glass boat. You may be able to do that yourself. All depends how much $$ and time you have, also who you hire to to this job. I wouldn't allow any boat shop to do my transom, but that's me. Ask for references if you pay anyone to touch the transom or floors or both.

el-cap-pee-ton

Recruit
Re: 1991 Crestliner 180 Pro AM

The washers may be an indication of rot, once the outboard is off, you should be able to look in the bolt holes and see if it mush, semi mush or wet or nice n dry. That will tell ya how the transom is. And FYI transom on alum boats can be much easier to fix than a glass boat. You may be able to do that yourself. All depends how much $$ and time you have, also who you hire to to this job. I wouldn't allow any boat shop to do my transom, but that's me. Ask for references if you pay anyone to touch the transom or floors or both.

I'd planned to do everything myself so I will know what has been replace and not. Only the motor will be touch by the shop. I'm thinking it's gonna be a new powerhead needed.