1991 Bayliner Capri 1700

Sheps91

Recruit
Longtime boater, new to owning. Just bought a 1991 Capri 1700 and was wondering is there such a thing as an owners manual? Outboard is 75hp Merc, have that one covered.

Looked here, Bayliner.com and eBay. Seem to be chasing my tail, I found the parts manual, is there anything in an owners manual that the parts manual won't tell me?

We need a bimini, that is what started this quest for the manual.... want measurements and to see whether side wind shields were stock. Our boat has none.... Any help is appreciated :)

Shep

BuckeyeinATL

Cadet
Re: 1991 Bayliner Capri 1700

Longtime boater, new to owning. Just bought a 1991 Capri 1700 and was wondering is there such a thing as an owners manual? Outboard is 75hp Merc, have that one covered.

Looked here, Bayliner.com and eBay. Seem to be chasing my tail, I found the parts manual, is there anything in an owners manual that the parts manual won't tell me?

We need a bimini, that is what started this quest for the manual.... want measurements and to see whether side wind shields were stock. Our boat has none.... Any help is appreciated :)

Shep

You can get an owners manual by calling or using the contact page on the bayliner.com website, I called to get mine for my 1990 1700, and someone at Bayliner emailed it to me, along with the original sales brochure for my boat.. Very helpful customer service.

Nada Says your Beam should be 5'10. For your Bimini - Bayliner Suggested I contact Leta's Top Shop (google this you'll find them) but you can also use a selector for your make and model here on iBoats, that makes it a lot easier than trying to guess your size. (biminitops.iboats.com)

One thing I might add, is that I would make sure you have a 1991. In 1990 the 1700 did not come with side windows, I believe they were added in 91. If your HULL ID ends in 90 then that would explain that :)

BuckeyeinATL

Cadet
Re: 1991 Bayliner Capri 1700

Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to add that when I got my owners manual from Bayliner it contained no measurement info for the boat, just model specific gas tank size and electrical schematics - the manual was for a bunch of the 1990 models, not model specific.