1991 50HP Force, any comments on whether to buy?

kaferhaus

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've heard that some years are better than others... any particular issues with this model?

I've been offered one at a reasonable price and of course will do the routine tests and checks before considering buying it. I'm just unfamiliar with these engines and would appreciate any feedback.

Seller upgraded to more HP is the reason he's selling (you know how that goes..)

Also are the mounting holes in the same location as a Evinrude?

moparman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1991 50HP Force, any comments on whether to buy?

The main thing is ,like any motor ,make sure it's been serviced regularly[ fuel pump diaphragm,water pump impeller, lower foot oil change, plugs as needed] and if these items and any other problems that may have popped up have been done , you need to take a test drive with it if it's still on the boat, at least here it run for a while if off the boat and get some kind of good guarantee [30 days?]that the motor will be good for if any thing amiss comes up.These motors are super simple to work on ,and are very user friendly[read easy for diy'ers].If the price is good , and it's had the proper service performed as required,and runs out good [with some type of guarantee]than I would have no problem at all purchasing it if it fits the bill. This is my opinion ,and hopefully others will chime in with there's