1990 Johnson GT150 Question?

ut_freak23

Cadet
I have been battling some warning horns as you know. I recently changed some lines between tank and VRO pump. I have a question about the inline pulse limiter. Which way does it go there is a black fitting on one side and a chrome fitting on the other. I currently have the chrome fitting on the side that heads towards the block and the black fitting towards the vro pump. If anyone knows which way is right I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Kaleb

flhunter27

Cadet
Re: 1990 Johnson GT150 Question?

Hello,
You have the pulse limiter the right way. Manuel states, "Position the fitting in the pulse hose with black nipple facing VRO pump."

ut_freak23

Cadet

Thank You very much for the response. This makes me feel better.

Kaleb

MarcG007

Cadet

Hey ut_freak, i was just searching through and reading any gt 150 threads, and i noticed you have spoke about the black pulse on the VRO. Just so u are aware, there have been updates since the black pulse, and the new pulse is blue & chrome.

Im not sure what the exact difference is, some have changes have been fuel/oil ratios. but I do know they have updated the vros multiple times in the past 15+ years. Something u may want to look into more.

Take care..