DukeDelago
Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter- Joined
- Jul 17, 2009
- Messages
- 46
Hi guys! Looking for some help here. I have a 1990 maxum 2100 LDC (l-drive) 120hp. It sat for a couple of months without running and when I went to start it up on the hose it did not want to fire up. The battery is fully charged and the motor turns over wonderfully (around 500 rpm) but I'm not getting any combustion at all. I bypassed the kill switch completely and used a cheap in-line spark tester to confirm that all four cylinders are getting spark. Compression test gave readings of 125, 125, 125, and 155 on 1,2,3,4 respectively (I don't recall the compression ever being that high in #4 but I tested 3 times and got the same reading.) If I crank it with the plugs out (and using the kill switch of course) I can see and smell the fuel coming out of the plug holes. Before starting any of these tests I was able to get the motor started after 15 minutes of trying and it ran fine for 20 minutes. I shut it down and tried to restart 10 minutes later and got nothing, not even a little "pop". My next step was going to be checking the timing but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or info to point me in the right direction. I have the original factory shop manual and am very familiar with this motor overall but I am stumped and don't know what to do besides systematically going through the entire ignition system. Please help as I would much rather spend my spare time on the water rather than in my driveway!!!!!!! Thank you in advance