1990 Force 120

lpm51

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
6
Motor runs fine. Starter a little slow.<br />Have on board charger. Amp meter reads 15-16 on longer runs. Do I need a new Rectifier? Looks OK with no cracks or burn marks. Thinking the on board charger has battery(new-not maintenance free)already charged and motor is charging. Will this fry battery?
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: 1990 Force 120

Charging an already charged battery will not damage it.<br />I think your system is unregulated. It has a rectifier only, not a regulator/rectifier. <br />You need a good battery to aid in regulating the voltage. If battery has a bad cell, it will not work properly. I would try another known to be good battery and see what readings you get. What were the readings with the old battery?
 

lpm51

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
6
Re: 1990 Force 120

Battery is brand new, and come to think of it I do not remember the amp readings so high on the old battery. I believe it is only rectifier. I will try another battey. It only shows 15-16 amps while over 3000 rpm. I went to new battery due to slow initial start. Thank you, for the reply.
 
Top