1990 FM161 leaks under strakes

CharlieBz

Recruit
Hi all! New to this forum. I inherited my dad's Florida fishing boat when he passed a few years ago. We knew it leaked a bit even when he was still around using it, once I took it over I bought a spare bilge pump and used it as a leaker, had to pump it every 20 minutes or so which was fine. I didn't use it a lot. These past two years it sat in my barn on the trailer unused. I retired recently, cleaned it up, got it running and launched it. Kinda felt like I launched the Titanic! Really took on water fast, much faster than I'd remembered. I took it off the trailer and put it on bunks in my barn, then put 6" or so of water in it. The water runs out of the drain holes in the strakes at the stern as well as drips from some of the strake edges further forward. There are also a couple of small holes in the aluminum hull. Any ideas on a fix other than plugging the drain holes then re-opening them for winter storage?

Attachments

• Hull flooded.jpg
    Hull flooded.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 8
  • On blocks.jpg
    On blocks.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 8
  • SeaNymph leaks.jpg
    SeaNymph leaks.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 8

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I think you will have access the inside and see just what rivits/cracks are leaking.