1990 Bayliner 2651 ,2nd year owner

jbcurt00

Staff member
No pix?

No suggestions of what DIY changes you're considering?

Baylinercaptain90

Seaman Apprentice
I have some bottom paint waiting for the warmer weather to come around, today im dropping the seatsoff for new vinyl,new speakers,toilet.i would love to change the gauges on it but not to sure yet

southkogs

Staff member
What kind of water are you running on? What do y'all like to do? Does the boat run well, and handle big water pretty well?

All of the add-on's I come up with are usually based on what I like to do.

Welcome aboard.

Baylinercaptain90

Seaman Apprentice
What kind of water are you running on? What do y'all like to do? Does the boat run well, and handle big water pretty well?

All of the add-on's I come up with are usually based on what I like to do.

Welcome aboard.
Good old lake erie (fresh water) it runs great no problems, it handles pretty well for a first time boat owner. We like to do a mix of things,we both like to water tube, then while im fishing my girlfriend likes to sunbathe lol this year we are hoping to visit the islands put n bay or kellys..what kind of boat do you have?

Baylinercaptain90

Seaman Apprentice
I do want to look into fixing the refrigerator (norcold).it runs for like 2 mins then it stops running, ive been doing some research it might be a switch hopefully thats all,i really dont want to spend 800 dollars for a new one

southkogs

Staff member
Based on your usage, creature comforts and lights would be what I'm looking at first. Maybe adding some navigational electronics would be helpful if you don't already have 'em.

Baylinercaptain90

Seaman Apprentice
Based on your usage, creature comforts and lights would be what I'm looking at first. Maybe adding some navigational electronics would be helpful if you don't already have 'em.
Oh yes definitely some lights im having it docked again this year,my gf gotmy some blue led lights. thats a nice boat you have.you have an audio system?

Last edited by a moderator:

southkogs

Staff member
I have just changed the receiver out to a Boss unit, the original unit wasn't working right. Haven't changed the speakers yet, mainly because I don't listen to music on the water that much. Otherwise, aside from adding a basic Hummingbird plotter / fish finder the boat is all original.

Baylinercaptain90

Seaman Apprentice
Oh yes definitely some lights im having it docked again this year,my gf gotmy some blue led lights from Cabela's.thats a nice boat you have.you have an audio system
I have just changed the receiver out to a Boss unit, the original unit wasn't working right. Haven't changed the speakers yet, mainly because I don't listen to music on the water that much. Otherwise, aside from adding a basic Hummingbird plotter / fish finder the boat is all original.
Nice, i have an older Lowrance nav/finder im looking for some speakers and an amp amazon is the way to go.what water do you fish on.

WaveSurfer

Recruit
I have some bottom paint waiting for the warmer weather to come around, today im dropping the seatsoff for new vinyl,new speakers,toilet.i would love to change the gauges on it but not to sure yet
What kind of toilet do you have? And which one do you want to install?

Baylinercaptain90

Seaman Apprentice
Jabsco‘s twist n lock manual. Samee one i already have but the gaskets went out and im just going to buy a new unit..the electric one looks pretty cool tho