1990 70 Evinrude stalls after 1 hour full throttle

catman977

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks To all for all the information, I took advantage of our last warm day, and made a test run up the Missouri River, about 12 miles total and most full throttle .
Engine ran flawlessly plus Idle, after the Tell Tale Pee change, to the top of the Exhaust block. I'm going to prove next season, that any 2 cycle engine, with multiple carburetors, can be synchronized, using a home made Liquid Manometer. Provided it has the ports behind the carb throats, for the electric choke. There's Vacuum there and it will allow hook up for tests.

Attachments

• IMG_0979 resized Molly fishing.jpg
    IMG_0979 resized Molly fishing.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1

Hunter65

Cadet
So where is the 40ft deep hole? In Missouri or Mississippi river? Asking for a friend...
I caught a 20 and 25lb blue yesterday on the Mississippi in a 40ft hole before the wind got to strong and I ran out of bait...

catman977

Seaman Apprentice
There in the Missouri River, Look for a cut out in any of the Dykes made by the Corps of engineers . Usually there below the cut out. These were intended for saving the Palletted Sturgeon. Don't know if it worked. but they give the flatheads and other cat refuge.

catman977

Seaman Apprentice
Yes the Blue Cat and the Channel Cat are still feeding, but the good ol Flathead quits feeding, when the water temp drops into the 50's, they just lay on the bottom and rest. I've been searching for places, to catch Skip Jack, or Golden Eye they are sometimes called. There part of the herring family, and are the best cut bait, I've found for catching cat fish. Mostly Channel cat. The flathead is carnivorous and eats live fish including it's own. Have you caught any of these in the Mississippi?