FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
??----You have to be clear with your questions / enquiry.-----There are different V-4 engines.-----The 90 degree crossflows.------The 60 degree loopers.----The 90 degree loopers.------While gears inside might be the same the driveshaft and shift rod may be different !!!-----The 60 degree looper uses a different gearcase and I do not consider those to be robust.----The crossflow case is better in my opinion.----Confusing , yet simple to me.
ok, thanks, should have known better, i am an engineer after all,
1997 Johnson 130 HP 25" shaft
1995 Evinrude 90 HP 20" shaft
I'd like to take the 20" shaft and put it on the 130 hp Johnson, I currently have the Evinrude 90, but saw a good deal on the Johnson, I'll have to check on Looper vs Crossflow vs 60 and 90 degree,