1989 Sportcraft 190 Fisherman

beccamonster86

Recruit
I think I have a new addiction! Hubby and I have been in search of the perfect boat for our family (of seven) for awhile... finally found it! A 19' Sportcraft with plenty of seating for the family, and a small cabin in the bow for the little guys to relax/nap when they get sleepy. Picked the boat up about a week ago, got it out on the lake this weekend, even spent a few hours last night just sitting in it out in the driveway, for no reason other than to celebrate the fact that we finally checked this box. Could not be happier. And I've gotta say -- I knew, as soon as we bought a boat, that we'd end up addicted to it, but I didn't realize that would include fixing it up! We already have quite the laundry list of fixer upper jobs that we want to do. Here's to a great summer!

beccamonster86

Recruit
No Title

Came with a nice canvas snap-down cover, heavier duty weather cover, bimini top... good rollers on the trailer, thank goodness! This guy is heavy! We replaced the trailer winch before we even took it out; after 28 years, it was quite rusty, and the strap was in pretty poor condition. Next project (if I have anything to say about it) is to take care of those God-awful pool noodles in the cabin -- there are some exposed screws sticking through from the outside, I guess pool noodles are a decent good-enough fix, but I think we can do better. Also would like to replace the teak on the cabin entry door. It's not in the greatest shape, and the doors flap around a lot if they're not locked -- not good with 5 kids who like to run around, go in and out, etc. Leaning toward maybe an acrylic material and tweaking how they open, but haven't completely decided yet.

Can't wait to see what the future has in store for this baby!

Attachments

• photo268195.jpg
    photo268195.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 10
  • photo268196.jpg
    photo268196.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 10
  • photo268197.jpg
    photo268197.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 9
  • photo268198.jpg
    photo268198.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 10

Millerforever

Recruit
I think I have a new addiction! Hubby and I have been in search of the perfect boat for our family (of seven) for awhile... finally found it! A 19' Sportcraft with plenty of seating for the family, and a small cabin in the bow for the little guys to relax/nap when they get sleepy. Picked the boat up about a week ago, got it out on the lake this weekend, even spent a few hours last night just sitting in it out in the driveway, for no reason other than to celebrate the fact that we finally checked this box. Could not be happier. And I've gotta say -- I knew, as soon as we bought a boat, that we'd end up addicted to it, but I didn't realize that would include fixing it up! We already have quite the laundry list of fixer upper jobs that we want to do. Here's to a great summer!
Hi, odd question I found this boat for sale with no paperwork. Any chance you still have the registration card? Thanks, Tim.