1989 Four Winns 245 Vista Transom Question

Dhoskins

Recruit
Hi all! I'm hoping to find someone who may have some experience on transom repair for these boats. I picked it up for next to nothing as it has no engine and the transom is rotted. I've found a donor boat with a 454 and Bravo drive. My issue is the transom repair. Ive done a lot of research on transom repair and have a good idea of the basics. On this particular boat, the top of the transom is shrouded by by a raised lip of the floor. I'm thinking I'll need to cut the floor there, then rebuild it after the new transom is installed? I'm gonna try to get a video uploaded to make it easier to see exactly what I'm talking about. Any thoughts/ideas?

alldodge

Staff member
Hi all! I'm hoping to find someone who may have some experience on transom repair for these boats. I picked it up for next to nothing as it has no engine and the transom is rotted. I've found a donor boat with a 454 and Bravo drive. My issue is the transom repair. Ive done a lot of research on transom repair and have a good idea of the basics. On this particular boat, the top of the transom is shrouded by by a raised lip of the floor. I'm thinking I'll need to cut the floor there, then rebuild it after the new transom is installed? I'm gonna try to get a video uploaded to make it easier to see exactly what I'm talking about. Any thoughts/ideas?

:welcome: to iboats

Pics will be needed to see what your looking at. Videos and good but many times a good pic is worth a lot.