1989 Force 125 Ignition Problem

Craig Martin

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
2
I have a 1989 Force 125. It has sat nearly 4 years (it was winterized). Today, I tried to start it (fresh gas/oil) and it appears as though there is no spark. It has new plugs. The engine was rebuilt in 1999, and has very little use since (less than 50 hours). I've never had a problem starting it. The last time out (2002) it started right up. Any suggestions?
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: 1989 Force 125 Ignition Problem

Check the lanyard switch and verify it is working properly. Have you spark tested it? Remove one of the plug wires and stick a large screw in in the wire boot and try and jump a spark to the metal on the motor.
 

Craig Martin

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
2
Re: 1989 Force 125 Ignition Problem

Eurolarva - thanks - the lanyard switch was the problem. I checked it, and it wasn't properly seated. As soon as I re-attached the switch, it fired right up. Thanks again.
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: 1989 Force 125 Ignition Problem

Cool got to love the cheap easy fixes. :D
 
Top