1989 Bayliner Model Info

aveilleux

Recruit
Good afternoon All. I am trying to find any and all info on my new boat ( new to Me)

I have the hull number, the engine number......

I there a site that would break down in plain english the the model numbers on the hull engine and leg.

Any info would be appreciated.
thanks

ziggy

Admiral
Re: 1989 Bayliner Model Info

since bayliners still around. maybe ya could give em a call. they might know what it is......

ziggy

Admiral

try postin up the numbers....maybe someone else knows the answer.....

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

a picture would help even more.

you can up load to a free service like photobucket.com then you choose the pictures you want( clik the little box at the bottom left of the picture) scrool to the bottom of the page, clik generate html, it will take you to the next page, scroll down to thumb nails clik on that and copy, then insert it into your post.

also if you are planing on posting pictures, you can use the Blue post reply or the go advanced, manage attachments, there

aveilleux

Recruit

Just in case you didn't know this already. If you go to the forum homepage scroll to the bottom you'll find all the boat brands years models ect, look for bayliner boats and click on the specs, your boat will be in the 89 models. http://www.iboats.com/Bayliner_Boats/bp/20br1035

Thanks for the info. I have narowwed it down to the 2150 Capri BR or the 2152 Capri Cuddy.

Both have the 130 horse 2.3 liter engine. BR I beleive stands for B=second model release and R= right rotation (which I don't understand)

I found these numbers in and on the engine compartment;

model 232BMRMEF which is a 2.3 liter 2 barel carb second model released manual steering right rotation and made Nov 89. This I understand from digging it out on the internet but the other numbers i don't get are model 995683.

Both the 2150 and 2152 seems to fit the bill. I'm assuming the only difference is that the 2150 may be a bow rider and mine is a cuddy which would make it a 2152.

I will post some pictures as soon as I can.
Thanks very much for the info

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If you call Bayliner toll free at 1-877-861-6494 and give them your hull ID number, they can tell you everything about it. Model name, when it was built, what engine and drive and SN were of the original engine and drive, even the prop size that was shipped with the boat.
If you ask, they will even send you a free copy of the owners manual for your model.

aveilleux

Recruit

If you call Bayliner toll free at 1-877-861-6494 and give them your hull ID number, they can tell you everything about it. Model name, when it was built, what engine and drive and SN were of the original engine and drive, even the prop size that was shipped with the boat.
If you ask, they will even send you a free copy of the owners manual for your model.
Thanks Don S I called Bayliner this morning and They are sending me the book. I have a 1989 bayliner cuddy capri 1952.

I'm not sure if it's a rare boat or a dud that they had limited production on that motor or what but i'm mostly finding the 1950 series. The engine is a 2.3 and I haven't come accross one yet in my searches. I guess that just means a bit more research when I need parts. That's OK The boat is running great and I'm happy with it.

At the end of the day all that counts is that I'm on the water and loving it.

Thanks all for the info