1989 Bayliner Capri windshield question.

NYBo

Admiral
The hulls and fittings were virtually unchanged from 1987 to 1989 so the windshield should fit.

bobmwsc

Cadet
I am officially a boat owner! I'm very excited about it. It appears to be in pretty good shape for its age. I did a thorough check of the boat and it appeared to be dry and solid wherever I looked. The floor felt very solid it too - it was below freezing though when I picked it up so hopefully the weather wasn't hiding a frozen soft floor - will readdress this come warmer weather. The gentleman I purchased it from was the second order - he's had it since July 2006.

glass maybe, but if I'm seeing the pic correctly there is a frame missing? Highly doubtful snow caused that.

I was concerned about the frame missing too... Its not. It was removed and is inside the boat. The previous owner stated he had been very good about snow removal until the boat was moved out to the field behind his workshop. Weight of the snow shattered one of the windows (and it looks like the windshield support arm may have suffered a bit as well) so he removed the rest of the frame and pieces from that side and place them in the boat. I'll have to vacuum that area very well - the inside is still full of tempered glass.

Even though it was covered it does need a good cleaning inside and out. The sheets are all the original file and I are in fair / good shape - no big cracks - just a little dingy from the old. Included were a wakeboard, double tube, anchor, and spare tire for the trailer, as well as an Eagle 3D-100 sonar installed. I found the original owners manual and the manual to the sonar in the storage box.

I'll keep updating about the boat, though it may be awhile before update. It just stinks that I go and pick it up - tow it home - then cover it up to sit for at least 3 months before the weather starts getting nice enough to even work on it, let alone take it out on the water.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I am officially a boat owner! I'm very excited about it. It appears to be in pretty good shape for its age. I did a thorough check of the boat and it appeared to be dry and solid wherever I looked. The floor felt very solid it too - it was below freezing though when I picked it up so hopefully the weather wasn't hiding a frozen soft floor - will readdress this come warmer weather. The gentleman I purchased it from was the second order - he's had it since July 2006.

I was concerned about the frame missing too... Its not. It was removed and is inside the boat. The previous owner stated he had been very good about snow removal until the boat was moved out to the field behind his workshop. Weight of the snow shattered one of the windows (and it looks like the windshield support arm may have suffered a bit as well) so he removed the rest of the frame and pieces from that side and place them in the boat. I'll have to vacuum that area very well - the inside is still full of tempered glass.

Even though it was covered it does need a good cleaning inside and out. The sheets are all the original file and I are in fair / good shape - no big cracks - just a little dingy from the old. Included were a wakeboard, double tube, anchor, and spare tire for the trailer, as well as an Eagle 3D-100 sonar installed. I found the original owners manual and the manual to the sonar in the storage box.

I'll keep updating about the boat, though it may be awhile before update. It just stinks that I go and pick it up - tow it home - then cover it up to sit for at least 3 months before the weather starts getting nice enough to even work on it, let alone take it out on the water.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

ok that I can buy - the vertical force on a tempered glass edges can pop it pretty easy. Use a peice of luan to make a patter for it then take it to you local glass shop.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer
If I`m not mistaken isn`t that a L-drive? I would be checking it out very good before I took it out.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
oh heavens i cant tell but if it is run as fast and as far away as you can away from that thing. I had one.