1989 Bayliner Capri Bowrider Gas Tank Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigitalian

Recruit
I just purchased this boat but cannot find out the capacity of the gas tank. It has a OMC Cobra 125 HP engine and is 19.5 feet long. Can anyone be of assistance? Thanks much.

Last edited:

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 1989 Bayliner Capri Bowrider Gas Tank Capacity

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

Your fuel tank holds 31 gallons.

Mr.Hill

Recruit

I also have a 1989 Bayliner, however, I do not think my engine is that large. I do not actually know what engine it is, and can find no indicating stickers or markings to tell me. I am desperately trying to find out the engine size and fuel capacity for mine so I can get out on the water. It is a fuel/oil mix and I dont know how much oil to add. If anyone could help me out, the HID# is - BJYD67CHE989. I have searched the internet for manuals and info, and even tried to contact Bayliner, and I have returned no results. Thank You Soo much for any help anyone can provide!

hankins

Cadet

I also have a 1989 Bayliner, however, I do not think my engine is that large. I do not actually know what engine it is, and can find no indicating stickers or markings to tell me. I am desperately trying to find out the engine size and fuel capacity for mine so I can get out on the water. It is a fuel/oil mix and I dont know how much oil to add. If anyone could help me out, the HID# is - BJYD67CHE989. I have searched the internet for manuals and info, and even tried to contact Bayliner, and I have returned no results. Thank You Soo much for any help anyone can provide!

I have an 89 bayliner 19 foot with the 125 hp force outboard,with a 30 gallon tank. I've owned it for about 15 years, I add 50:1 mix(16 oz for 6 gal) I use a couple 5 gallon gas can to mix my oil and gas in then pour it in the tank. however I have poured it in the tank at the same time I was fueling at the pumps. it has to be mixed up good or it will settle to the bottom.

happy boating
Jon

ddemay

Recruit
Hey Jon, I recently purchased a 1989 Bayliner Capri Cuddy 19’ (1902) boat and I was told it had a 16 gallon tank when I bought it. It’s got the original Force 125 same as yours, and it’s clearly a built in tank. I put 12 gallons in it for my first outing and it appeared to push it well above a half tank (the fuel gauge works but we both know how unreliable they are). Any ideas are most welcome.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey Jon, I recently purchased a 1989 Bayliner Capri Cuddy 19’ (1902) boat and I was told it had a 16 gallon tank when I bought it. It’s got the original Force 125 same as yours, and it’s clearly a built in tank. I put 12 gallons in it for my first outing and it appeared to push it well above a half tank (the fuel gauge works but we both know how unreliable they are). Any ideas are most welcome.

Start a new thread. This one died 9 years ago and Jon is gone.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.