FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
as others have said, check over the motor as force motors are not well known for reliability. Also a force 50hp is a weak 50. Force as far as i know did not rate their motors at the prop, thus it doesn't actually put out 50hp at the prop like motors now adays do! Looks like the boat is in mint condition! You got a good pick there! Happy boating!
I know this is an old post, but I am looking to buy a 16 foot capri and I noticed in the pictures here that there doesn't appear to be a way to tow tubes or water ski behind this boat. Is the 16 foot capri with the 50HP powerfull enough to tow a water skiier and is there a way to attach the ski rope? Any help would be appreciated since I am looking at it today.
Start your post on it, you will have better chance at a good answer. The 50 will do tubing fine, not insanely fast, but it will do. Not sure about skiing. I think you need something to get you out of the hole a bit faster.
Also, the OP's boat is a Capri 1500, a 15-footer, not a 16, and it's maximum HP rating is 50. Towing a tube would be most easily done with a bridle attached to the transom tiedowns.
I have a 1986 Bayliner Capri with 50 hp Force motor I too have heard all the good and bad not being a boat mechanic i did check to see if the boat charges but it doesnt seem to did this boat come with charging system if not any suggestions to keep me alive on the water all day?