1988 thompson 240 color match

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
hello, have a 1988 thompson 240 fisherman ,is there a way to match the color of my boat ,is there a paint chart for thompson boats for my year ,or is there a company out there that could help me match my boats original color? any help appreciated

Attachments

• boat screen.jpg
    boat screen.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
hello, have a 1988 thompson 240 fisherman ,is there a way to match the color of my boat ,is there a paint chart for thompson boats for my year ,or is there a company out there that could help me match my boats original color? any help appreciated
What are you doing that you need to match the original color of the gel coat?
The gel coat on your boat has faded over the past 35 years. The original color is nowhere near what it is today.

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
i wanted to fix some spider cracks ,other areas i have fixed ,tried to match as close as i could, so trial and error would be the only way to match older boats , dingbat,i was hoping that some sort of gel coat super genius scientist would chime in ,and say send me a piece and i can match that, wouldn't that be cool

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
i wanted to fix some spider cracks ,other areas i have fixed ,tried to match as close as i could, so trial and error would be the only way to match older boats , dingbat,i was hoping that some sort of gel coat super genius scientist would chime in ,and say send me a piece and i can match that, wouldn't that be cool
Would be cool ... However it's vaporware.... Like a politician that tells the truth. Just ain't gonna happen

Gel starts to fade after 6 months. Yes, 6 months

After 36 years, you are looking at either respraying the whole hull with gel, or respraying the whole hull with paint.