1988 SeaRay Seville 135HP

Alexaskew13

Cadet
Just got a 1988 Seville with the 135 Merc. Never owned a boat and have a million questions. The oil tank on top of the engine is empty. But now I have seen people say they do a oil injector delete? How do I check this? Should I use premix? Whats the best way to premix gas in a gas tank? Motor cranks but does not turn over. Haven't tried to put gas in it or the oil resevoir because I didn't know if it had this delete option I have seen many people do with these engines. There is also a loose hose coming from the Transom that doesn't connect to anything inside the engine. But there isn't anything I can see it connects to. Waiting to get muffs to try and start it. But trying to see if I'm missing something? How should I check the oil issue.

Attachments

• 20210606_085511.jpg
    20210606_085511.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20210606_084022.jpg
    20210606_084022.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
The engine oil reservoir should never be empty. I would check the fuel to see if the motor is already premix. Look for an oil color dye like blue or green.

If not, fill the reservoir and add oil to the existing fuel to make it premix. That way you can safely run the motor until you figure out if the oil injection is working.

There should also be a larger oil reservoir installed in the boat. if not, that would be another clue that the motor is already premix. If unsure if the fuel has oil in it, add some. Try to add the right amount to make it 50::1.

If it is working you can still decide to delete it or not. There will be opinions on that, I assure you.

Alexaskew13

Cadet
The engine oil reservoir should never be empty. I would check the fuel to see if the motor is already premix. Look for an oil color dye like blue or green.

If not, fill the reservoir and add oil to the existing fuel to make it premix. That way you can safely run the motor until you figure out if the oil injection is working.

There should also be a larger oil reservoir installed in the boat. if not, that would be another clue that the motor is already premix. If unsure if the fuel has oil in it, add some. Try to add the right amount to make it 50::1.

If it is working you can still decide to delete it or not. There will be opinions on that, I assure you.

Attachments

• 20210606_085514.jpg
    20210606_085514.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Alexaskew13

Cadet

What about this hose. Comes out of the group with battery connections. And it doesn't seem to connect to anything that doesn't always have a hose fitted

Dukedog

Captain
that looks like it could be tha hose that would pressurize tha oil tank in tha boat? is there a "plugged" hole right below tha starter?.. might be justa capped off fitting and/or a pipe plug?.. does it still have tha oil tank in tha boat?

Alexaskew13

Cadet
that looks like it could be tha hose that would pressurize tha oil tank in tha boat? is there a "plugged" hole right below tha starter?.. might be justa capped off fitting and/or a pipe plug?.. does it still have tha oil tank in tha boat?
I don't see an oil tabk in the boat. Only a gas outlet. But there is wiring running into a small cubby under the seat that could fit maybe a 5 or 6 gallon tank. But I thought that was maybe for a reserve gas tank? But I took some more pictures. There is a loose cable next to what I would assume is the throttle cable? A loose electrical cable, but nothing is empty within reach it would go to.

Attachments

• 20210607_131844.jpg
    20210607_131844.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210607_132056.jpg
    20210607_132056.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

Dukedog

Captain
tha tube by tha linkage is either for water pressure gauge or speedometer.. cant see colot of tha wire ya holdin'?.. looks like a brass plug under tha starter?.. can't tell for sure.. remote oil tank isn't that big.. maybe a gallon or two and doesn't have any wiring to it.. need picture of port side and starboard side of power head only from base to flywheel, carbs to heads.... thinkin' oiler has been deleted?.. if you try to run it be sure to use a remote/portable fuel tank with at least 50 ta one mixture......

Dukedog

Captain
if tha wire you are indicating is a tan/blue tracer with an eyelet is gonna be for over heat alarm.. its either tha one from tha harness or its from tha sensor on tha starboard head?

Alexaskew13

Cadet
if tha wire you are indicating is a tan/blue tracer with an eyelet is gonna be for over heat alarm.. its either tha one from tha harness or its from tha sensor on tha starboard head?
tha tube by tha linkage is either for water pressure gauge or speedometer.. cant see colot of tha wire ya holdin'?.. looks like a brass plug under tha starter?.. can't tell for sure.. remote oil tank isn't that big.. maybe a gallon or two and doesn't have any wiring to it.. need picture of port side and starboard side of power head only from base to flywheel, carbs to heads.... thinkin' oiler has been deleted?.. if you try to run it be sure to use a remote/portable fuel tank with at least 50 ta one mixture......
The tube is a speedometer, was also cut on back of shaft. Is there a reason someone would remove the hosing for a speedometer? And someone thinks the wire is also a temp sensor wire? Is there a reason it isn't connected. All that leaves is the linkage near the throttle cable

Dukedog

Captain
tha speedy pick up is a small hole in tha leading edge of tha gear case.. tha tube should go down inside tha steerin' arm.. it is tha over temp sensor wire but can't tell if its tha part that originates at tha sensor or if its tha part commin' from tha harness?.. either way they need ta be joined together.. don't know why its not made up?.. what linkage are you talkin' 'bout?

where's tha pictures?

Alexaskew13

Cadet
Port side bottom of engine. Coming out of platform with another linkage cable that says F N R. Which is assume is throttle. But this one is just loose and not connected

Attachments

• 20210607_131844.jpg
    20210607_131844.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210606_084342.jpg
    20210606_084342.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Dukedog

Captain
thats shifter linkage.. send me an email addy and i'll send ya manual.. its for different motors but they all work 'bout tha same.. parts are still called same names.. work same as your parts.. about tha only things that won't apply ta your motor are tha test value numbers on several (mostly electrical) parts... you'll be able ta see what will apply to yours easy enough..