1988 four winns liberator wet exhaust replacement.

justpimpin90

Recruit
Hey guys I have recently purchased a 1988 four winns liberator 201. I love the boat but want a louder exhaust. The exhaust that came stock is the the thru hull with wet mufflers. What can I do as far as eliminating the wet muffflers. thanks

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1988 four winns liberator wet exhaust replacement.

Howdy,

You can do it. But you're asking for the boat cops to cite you if it's too loud.

All you would need to do is remove all the muffler "plumbing" etc, and install a standard thru-hull exhaust system.

I had Capts Call on my Lib when I had the OMC junk installed and every time I switched it to the thru-hull mode, everyone in the boat would scream at me to "SHUT IT OFF SHUT IT OFF"!!!!

I got to where I never used it and when I swapped out the OMC for the Merc.....I left the Capts Call on the floor.

ymmv.

Cheers,

Rick

strok351w

Cadet
Re: 1988 four winns liberator wet exhaust replacement.

Do yourself a favor and leave the stock thruhull wet exhaust in place. After a while it drive everyone on the boat crazy. At speed it's not bad but when cruising slow it can be loud. I've been lucky not to have been stopped by the dep or river patrol yet. I have a 1985 liberator 211 with a 350.

dwilliam

Cadet
Is there a reason these mufflers would leak? I have a 1988 Liberator 211and there seems to always be wetness around the mufflers.