FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1988 dt150 wont go after putting in gear, usually dies. runs/revs fine out of gear. idles a little low and rough. has good compression on all cyl's, new plugs, new fuel filter. its on a 24 foot pontoon. any help would be appreciated. thx
sorry for missing your guys responses, I thought I had instant email notification on. no on both questions tho. boat is at the marina now. looks like i will be pulling carbs this evening
well I went to the marina yesterday to run a few tests and pull the carbs and something else went wrong. I checked for spark on all 12 wires and all was good. ran a compression check and all cylinders had 120 psi. while checking for spark it was idling a little high then it started shifting/banging into gear on its own without touching the controls. did this a few times then it stopped but I couldn't make it go into gear with the controls. it also stopped pumping water so my beast guess is something happened to the lower unit. I'm going to get it back home this weekend and pull the lower unit.